Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Debt ceiling, what debt ceiling?

It must be very difficult for Democrats and the President to desperately desire jacking up the debt ceiling, when all those pesky laws are in place to prevent it from happening without House approval. So, in a move, sure to impress some, Democrats have come up a bill that would eliminate the debt ceiling requirement entirely! Wow, leave it to this August body of far-sighted legislators to see so far outside the spending box!

Were this new bill to succeed, there would be absolutely nothing to stop the government from spending without limits or stops of any kind. A spending trajectory made even more sublime when you realize that there’s been no Federal budget to look at anyway. (Actually, there hasn't been one for the last five years). A move very much like me cutting the brake lines on my car right before taking a trip down a steep mountain road. I’m not completely sure that would end well in the end.

If this new way to run regulate spending works out, then I also plan to follow their example. I'll try running my life with no regard to credit spending (when one card gets maxed out, I can always apply for another one) and will pledge not even look at a personal budget. Hey, my life will be so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment