Saturday, December 29, 2012

The fall of a Nation!

Ask the typical man or women on the street about how they feel about our Representatives and Senators and you’ll likely get a mixed bag of responses; generally all bad. National polls have made it clear that only car salesmen rank lower when it comes to trust; a situation not likely to improve soon if one were to take into account the activities going on concerning the fiscal budget. The use of smoke and mirrors has gotten so bad the many are now suggesting that Congress could qualify as a Fun House.( However, all is not all fun and games as the latest stellar meltdown on Capitol Hill will directly impact the wallets of most every American citizen in 2013. And, perhaps surprisingly, that will be the case whether they reach an agreement or not).

No matter what this group of educated loons does, no matter what last minute agreements they hammer out, this August Body has shown itself to be completely out of control, time and again. Interestingly, even if we were to tax everyone in the country at a rate of 50%, it would still not be enough to put much of a dent in even the payment on interest that has to be made monthly! Even if the government, which owns 30% of the land in America, begins to sell off vast tracks to China (this I hear is in the works), our problem of over-spending will quickly render all such efforts useless.

The truth be told, America is now in full decline and the average citizen is being kept in the dark by a corrupt, jaded and frankly sick group of legislators whose sole purpose it is to keep the 'party' going for as long as is possible. Their slogan could be, 'Let the party on Capitol Hill continue and who really cares about the poor sots that will be left behind the pick up the tab'. That’s the truth, as I see it, and everyone please know that it hurts me to have to say it. I love my country deeply and it hurts to watch it fall.

Think I'm mistaken? Let any knowledgeable person look me in the eye and tell me that we/re not broke beyond belief. Let that same person tell me that ‘things are going to improve’, that ‘I’ll be taken care of in my old age’, that there is ‘hope for our children’ and brother I’ll know then that there are pigs are flying right over my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment