Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The almost perfect government scam!


When you think about it the average auto is the gift that just keeps on giving to State and Federal governments. Ostensibly, much of the taxes collected are supposed to go to the maintenance of out roads and  bridges. You know those two things that the government has announced it will need more money for! Why? Because the monies that were in the fun have been re-routed to other uses. Sort of like what happened to Social Security.


It's time for us to wise up and seek out a flat tax that would avoid having us pay for all this needless crap! The system is simply not working - even the state office I went to to renew my license tags looked like a relic, including the hobbled together sign that's out front - a fitting reminder of  the rotting structure that is our government. Oh, and yes, I know I forgot that there are even more taxes on vehicles we own that I forgot to post - but, what's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment