Thursday, June 19, 2014

I watch less and less TV these days! Why?

Is this because of the overall programming? Not really, there's some pretty fine material out there.

Is this because the news channels are slanted? Partly. Most of what's passed as news is really opinion, slanted to whatever the channel subscribes to.. A few media outlets try to be 'fair and balance'. Other gave that idea up a long time ago.

OK, so you don't approve of the content of some shows. So, change the channel! - I would if I could. But, you see, I can live with biased news channels, sexually explicit crap and other mindless channels meant for the dullard masses. But, that's not the problem...

OK! So give it up old man! What's your problem with TV?

It's the pharmaceutical ads – they are driving me to distraction. While I have nothing against the drugs, I hold the purveyors of drugs up as a true Satan that walks this earth! Drugs should be proscribed by a doctor, not some idiot on TV! Do you get it, Johnson and Johnson, Abbot? These only for profit oriented companies are as evil as evil can get and I feel they are destroying the very fabric of this country.... That's one old man's opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment