Thursday, November 22, 2018

A truly wonderful Thanksgiving!

As I had become something of a recluse, I did not attend any gatherings of people who celebrated Thanksgiving. It's just at my advanced age, I don't seem to handle crowds very well. (Crowds, to me, are any group over one or two people). Instead, I invited Jesus to sit with me at the table of plenty.

On this day, I felt the need to sit down and to reflect on my life. While millions and millions have little to nothing to eat, my table was graced with plentiful abundance. And, as I slowly ate, I reflected on the blessings that I feel the Creator has given to me and which I have gratefully received;

Two wonderful and caring parents.
The 60's and 70's as a time to grow up in!
A relatively sound mind and body, all these years.
Educational pursuits that enlighten and that continue to this day.
Large life challenges, but none so hard, that I could not overcome them.
Good and plentiful friends over the many years.
Shelter, food and clothing each and every year.
A country that is simply the best in the entire world!
 and finally
A love and a devotion to God and His Son. And, the desire to serve both faithfully, until the end of my time on this earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment