Friday, October 30, 2020

Stats for Taney County Covid-19 for Oct!

As I am somewhat an OCD kind of individual, I made it a point to track the progress of the Covid-19 virus as much as possible month to month. People, like myself, love numbers. The data seen here represented most of the month opf October 2020.

I apologise if the graphic is a bit blurry. I also want to inform anyone who has an interest, that the Taney County Health Department did not report their figures each day. Rather, there were days when no reporting occured. To fill in those missing days (usually two to three days at a stretch), I extropolated the numbers using an averaging method.

What can be gleamed, almost immediately, was the very slow to no change in the number of deaths! It was basically a flat line, going from 28 to 31 for a net change of 3 individual dying out of a population of more than 56K. Even the newly confirmed cases did not amount to very many getting sick! My thought was, gee, those number are insignificant. This was especially true when one takes into account that the swab or PCR test, that is given after death, can be off by as much as 20%!

So, if these figures are accurate, then why are we all wearing a mask? I mean, I get the social distancing and handwashing, but masks?

No comments:

Post a Comment