Friday, July 19, 2019

On politics, diets and chili!

Even as the world around me was crumbling and seemed headed for the abyss, I still found time to accomplish two somewhat strange goals; dieting and making chili laced with pasta during a heat wave!

It was 10:30 AM on a Friday in July and I had just finished making myself up a batch of  DanO's Crock pot Chili! OK. So what if I was in the middle of a heat wave where the temps might get close to 100°F. And, maybe I was also on a strict diet to boot! That did not stop me from enjoying the things I like to do! And a steaming bowl of red... no wait, make that chili with pasta was going to be the order of the day.

So, exactly how could I perform two minor miracles? Easy. Portion control and a really good central air system kept the calories under control and the eating environment just right!So, even as the Democrats continued in their efforts to dismantle America, I was living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment